Friday, August 10, 2012

Starting school...

This last week, I've started my student teaching for ASU at an elementary school in the GPS district. My little second graders are all adorable! I've been in there 3 days with the kiddos and I'm pretty sure I have all their first names down; last names, that's an entirely different story. I absolutely love being with the kids, and I can't wait till I get to teach in my own classroom.

A few plans for my future classroom...

I hope to do an overall hooter owl theme around the room.

This is a big canvas owl bag I made to keep my teacher stuff. :D

Ideas for bulletin boards include:

--- "Who are you?" to share all about me posters
--- "Who's ready to help?"
--- "Learning is a HOOT!" for a learning tree that changes every quarter or holiday with leaves on construction paper that display what the kids have learned
--- The "Owlphabet"--this was Danny's idea :)

So far that's all I've got, but I'm sure I'll figure out some more. Mostly, I just want to have little owls everywhere. And maybe a little "talking owl" for when we have circle time.

I've decided (officially) that pinterest is my addiction when it comes to teaching ideas. There are SOO many great crafts and lesson plans available out there!

Quick idea I saw on FB:



These last few days, there's been one little boy who, without fail has come up to give me a big hug every morning, at lunch, and after school. He's such a sweetie! I love teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment