Saturday, May 30, 2015

10K Froyo Race and a few refreshing snacks!



Hi all! 

Today I "ran" my first 10K. I am not much of a runner, but my family all wanted to participate, so I jumped on the bandwagon. I did happily run portions of my race, but I'm pretty good with my 14.5 min mile. ;) It was so fun to participate with my sisters in law Trina, Susie, Barb, and Sarah, as well as my brother in law Stephen. 

It was definitely a neat experience, and it was made more special because my race partner was my incredible sister in law Sarah Peterson who has made some incredible changes in her life and has stuck to it for a good 9 months. She has lost a significant amount of weight in her journey and is becoming so much more confident in her active lifestyle. I'm so glad I got to run along side her and cheer her on as we finished this fun race! (pictured top far right)

This week, a few of my favorite concoctions have been chips and fresh salsa (all the ingredients minus the avocado are from Costco-I LOVE their multigrain chips)

My next favorite (really top favorite of the week) was this delicious Summer Berry "Soup" from my Blendec Recipes:


Ingredients (serves 6)
 4 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups plain yogurt (or vanilla)
1 TBSP vanilla extract
1 C almond milk, divided
1/3 c orange juice
6-8 TBSP honey or agave nector (depends on how tart/sweet you like it)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 c fresh raspberries

Directions: 
Add strawberries, yogurt, 2/3 c milk, orange juice, and 4-5 TBSP honey to blender jar and secure lid. Blend for 30 seconds or push batters on Blendtec. Pour 1 cup soup into each bowl. Add remaining milk, honey, lemon juice, and raspberries to jar and blend fully. Drizzle and swirl 1/4 c raspberry blend over soup base and serve.

**try adding a lemon or orange zest to the blend for an extra citrus flavor

This is an incredible soup and the memories behind it are so much more so. On our anniversary cruise, Danny and I loved getting this as the appetizer. It was so refreshing and delicious and light. Now we can make it whenever berries are in season! I love it!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment