Sunday, June 10, 2012

A day with the little ones...

Recently, I accepted a calling to be a nursery coordinator in my ward. For those of you who aren't LDS (Mormon), it's basically a specific job I am asked to do by the leader in my ward. It is strictly service in the church--we aren't paid for what we do, but we love doing it anyway. Today was my first day in our new ward's nursery. Let me tell you, it was a blast!

I was thrilled to be called to be in nursery again because I have done it once before in my old ward. Playing and teaching the little kiddies in the church is such a blessing. No Debbie, I don't think it will produce the desire to have our own little guys quite yet. :P

Normally, I don't actually need to be in the nursery teaching and maintaining order. But today they needed help, so in I went. There were only five little kids in there with the other leader. Not too big of a handful. One little boy came up to me and asked to have a story read to him. Since he's 18 months old, one book was usually pretty boring after a while so he'd dash off to grab another five to try. At one point, he handed me a Christmas book that illustrated the song, "The Twelve Days of Christmas." I love singing. So I sang it to him. I don't think he knew the words, but he was bouncing around with me as I sang the song.

It would figure that as I'm writing this, the words pop into my head...Danny's gonna go nuts if I start singing Christmas songs too, too early. :D

Speaking of holidays, shortly after our personal marriage holiday (a.k.a. anniversary), we had a few pictures taken by my good friend Siri Baxter. Anyone looking for a phenomenal photographer, check out her blog! She's wonderful to work with and, well, I suppose I'm biased, but still--check out what she can do!

http://www.freckledlemonade.com/apps/blog/facebook-photoshoot-giveaway-winners-p-family-one

The photoshoot I'm linking too was done at 6:00AM on a Saturday morning. Danny was kinda grumpy to begin with, and I can't blame him, but I'm glad he was smiling and awake by the time we drove out to the picture location. My favorite is the one where I'm looking over his shoulder. If you check out the blog, it's close to the middle. I tried to post it here, but blogger is being silly.

Maybe the one on facebook that I like will work; sorry if the picture looks huge. I'm not that conceited, I promise.



Isn't he handsome? I'm seriously so blessed to have him as my loving husband, best friend, and eternal companion.

Hopefully I'll have time to blog later this week...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment