Sunday, April 28, 2013

Bump Update :)


How far along? 20.5 weeks and counting!! 



 
Baby: This baby boy is about six and a half inches long, and weighs just over half a pound (10.5 oz) as of the last ultrasound. He's wriggly and is testing swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also working hard on his first ever messy diaper (or before a diaper...). 

Maternity clothes? Liking them and wanting more of them! I would love to find a ruched t-shirt type shirt with no lettering, just colored that would be comfy to wear any day. My swimsuit has arrived, though I've realized I'll need a second one...I swim a lot in the summer. 
 
Stretch marks? nope, just lots of itchiness if I don't wear a loose enough fabric. :D
 
Weight gain? approx. 10 pounds. I'm getting closer to Danny's weight, which is a little depressing, but tis all for the baby, so it's worth it. 
 
Sleep: The hardest part about sleeping lately is finding the comfortable spot for the night. I really need to get a body pillow...
 
Miss anything? Nope, just looking forward to summer--not the heat of course--but the break from craziness and college!
 
Movement: As of April 17th, I can feel him move! It's amazing! He's wiggling around right now!
 
Cravings: I still like fruity things, and lots of potatoes. I think I have a baked potato once or twice a week! 

I also have liked having breakfast foods on Sat and Sun mornings--homemade waffles, pancakes, etc. It's yummy! 

In general...food. Anything that sounds good at the time, which is usually everything lol. 
 
Symptoms: Stomach stretchiness. I feel like there are some days I can actually feel my abdomen stretching. When I go swim laps, I swim freestyle and still do flip turns. It feels great, but the very first few laps are a little aggravating cuz my tummy doesn't like feeling all stretched out like that. 

I'm definitely showing now, but I can still manage to wear a few things that hide the bump. 

I also can feel him move! It's the neatest feeling in the world! I can't wait until Danny can feel him do his little flips too! (He does them a lot...) Seems like ever since we had our second ultrasound with PPA, he's moved all over the place at one time of the day or another. :D
 
Wedding ring on or off? Still on! I just got it all shined up. :D 
 
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy most of the time, but if I've had a long day, I find it pretty hard not to snap at people. I manage, but I sit there being moody for a few moments. :D 
 
Looking forward to: Meeting our baby BOY! I'm thrilled that we are going to have a boy, and that we've made it half way through the pregnancy! I'm also looking forward to the end of the school year, so I can focus on swim lessons, living in the pool, and of course, finishing the baby room! It's coming along nicely!

Oh, and we're having a "babymoon" this summer! We're going to various places along the Western Caribbean! SO excited!
 
Things to Stress About: Eating enough. Some days, I just feel like I get too wrapped up in what I'm doing to remember to eat enough. Now, I know that's not too huge of a problem, since this little boy will suck whatever he needs out of my system, but I worry a little sometimes. 
 
How is the Husband Doing? Danny has started to get excited about names. We've had a few brainstorming sessions, which mostly end up with us making fun of a few of the names we come up with. :D He's going to be such a great daddy! Only 20 weeks to go!

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you two! Such great parents you will be. He's moving! Isn't that a great feeling? Love your updates!

    ReplyDelete