Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pre-Reveal! Guesses anyone?

Today I am just past 16.5 weeks and loving the second trimester overall! I have had a lot to do with school and things at home, but being preganant hasn't made it too much more difficult. It's finally gotten to the point that I DO have to use the rubberband trick to feel comfortable in a lot of my jeans, but I figure I'll be in a swim suit most of the summer so that's no big deal.

I decided to post an update now so that I can dedicate next week to being all excited about the boy/girl factor.

:D

Guesses anyone? Reply and let me know what you think!

How far along? 16.5 weeks! Only 6 days until our ultrasound!


 
Baby:  Currently, our baby is approximately 4.5-5.5 inches long, which is around the length of a large orange/medium grapefruit. By now, they have developed eye lashes and may be able to sense light. They may also start hearing sounds outside the womb. By next week, their reproductive system should be developed fully and then we'll learn the gender. They are currently developing a thick skin to keep them warm at birth and may also be practicing breathing.
Maternity clothes?  I got a few new dresses and am going to order a swim suit from A Pea in the Pod. I'm excited to wear it cuz I tried things on with the baby bump that actually looks realistic and it looked super cute! Stripes are kind of an obsession of mine....my sister thinks it's a problem, lol.
Stretch marks? Nothing yet, but I'm sure they'll come.
 
Weight gain? I'm guestimating around 10 pounds by now. Danny got on the scale this morning and told me his weight. I told him he shouldn't tell me that anymore cuz I weighed a little more than he did last time I measured it. haha  I'm definitely more hungry than I used to be. It's hard to eat enough cuz I'm just so busy!
 
Sleep: I sleep alright now. It was hard to get used to sleeping on my side--I still end up on my stomach or my back occasionally, but not too often. I just figured I'd be better off getting used to it earlier than later. Seems like I sleep okay that way, I just never want to get up. Being in bed is too comfy.
Miss anything? Baby's heart rate at the last appointment was 138. Pretty cool! (My guess is boy with that and the sour/salty craving stuff)

I've also been able to start swimming a little more. The water feels GREAT! It's awesome to be able to jump in the pool and just swim a good distance and not feel like crap afterwards. My body REALLY likes swimming, so I'm gonna do it a lot more!
 
Movement: I have had those bubbly feelings, but I never know if it's me or the baby. I keep pushing on different parts of my tummy hoping maybe I'll feel them in there, but then I think how thick the uterus is and I'm like, there's no way. Soon though!
Cravings: Still loving the fruits, though right now I'm liking strawberry flavored greek yogurt. :D I've taken a liking to baked potatoes loaded with chives, cheese, sour cream, and bacon. It's good. (Danny's getting tired of it haha). I also have this liking for Krazy Subs. Still my favorite lunch place. :D
 
Symptoms: Headaches, feeling more tired that usual after school (though that could just be that my kiddos are exhausting!), definitely looking more pregnant (little belly bump, but I mostly just feel fat still lol), hungry. ALL the time. Moody when I'm not getting enough food. I also feel like my back hurts. I read somewhere that pregnant women have a tendency to thrust their stomach's out early on in pregnancy to make it more obvious that they are expecting (like hey, I'm pregnant, not just fat). I think I do this subconsciously, so to save myself from being too achy when I am further along, I'm trying not to do that anymore.
Wedding ring on or off? Still on--I hope the water keeps my fingers small during the summer.
Happy or moody most of the time? Most of the time I feel pretty happy. Sometimes it's hard to feel motivated make dinner or do dishes, but that's nothing new ;D. I'm enjoying this am excited for the rest of what's coming!
Looking forward to: Feeling the baby move! I should be able to start feeling and hopefully recognizing SOMETHING soon now. It's always a reassurance to have a Dr. appt. and hear the heart beat cuz I don't think I've been able to recognize that bubbly feeling yet. sometimes I think I do, but then I'm like...not so sure...

Danny and I are also going on a western Carribean cruise at the beginning of May, so we're super excited for that! Week long vacation (just hope I don't get motion sickness)
 
Things to Stress About: Finishing school and hoping that I don't have to have any more absences. I just want to graduate and be done with school so I can move on with baby things and applying for teaching positions.
How is the Husband Doing? Danny's doing well! He's been taking great care of me and I can tell he's starting to get more excited about the baby since we'll learn the gender next week. We're super excited to finally see them again, and even more excited to feel them move.


That's all for now! Next Tuesday we'll be at the doctor's office for the ultrasound. My guess is boy, but I wouldn't doubt that I could be wrong. lol. Hopefully the little munchkin doesn't hide from us!

 

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking grandson, because we need more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say it is a boy, not saying why, but my guess is boy, guess we will know in like a week!

    ReplyDelete