Monday, May 2, 2016

Veggie Egg Cups...First Video Recipe EVER!


So today I tried my hand at making TWO new things: Veggie egg cups, and a video of my recipe for making them AS I made them. 



Yeah. Not doing that again. 



Too many new things in a day for this busy momma to handle and not feel totally wiped by the end of the day. 

But regardless...here is my video recipe. :) 

And here's how I wrote it out: (adapted from Autumn's Fixate Cookbook)



Veggie EGG CUPS
 




PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
 
21 Day Fix Cookbook FIXATE - Vegetable Egg Cups
Serves: 6
INGREDIENTS
  • non stick cooking spray
  • 12 Large Eggs
  • 2 Cups Chopped Bell Peppers
  • 1 Cup crushed frozen spinach
  • 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
  • 2 TBSP dried diced onions
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • optional: homemade salsa or fresh organic salsa

see autumns version here
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 and spray your pans LIBERALLY (they really stick in there, so really coat it good)
  2. Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl and whisk until fully combined.
  3. Add veggies to the eggs and mix well.
  4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and other seasonings.
  5. Evenly divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cups.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes - 20 minutes (a toothpick inserted into the muffin should come out clean)
  7. Top each egg cup with 1 tablespoon of Homemade Salsa (pg. 85 of Fixate Cookbook)

I hope you enjoy these! I'm really excited to eat these this week. :) I'll update how I liked storing them. So far they're in the fridge for the week--3 days breakfasts for me and the hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment