Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Ode to Naptime.... and Mommy's survival lunch!


Today it was a battle getting my toddler down for a nap. 
He wanted pajamas on. 
Then he wanted "lots" of songs, not just one like we agreed. 
Then he decided he was hungry after all and needed to finish his lunch from earlier. 

After that 3rd excuse, I just left him in his room and told him not to come out until it was time to be awake (usually around 3/3:30PM if he goes down soon enough...)


In the midst of this, momma was getting HANGRY and ready for some food after a morning of swim lessons and doing a workout today. Shakeology is great, but when I'm nursing I need a little more on a more regular basis to keep my energy up! 

Here's what I made up in about...eh...like 5 min tops? 

Simple, fast, and easy lunch or dinner idea! Plus if you add in the cranberries, it's kinda mildly sweet which I like after a stressful day. 
I'm not a huge fan of lunch meat but it's nice to have on hand when you need a sandwich fix without the actual sandwich.
Simply substituting out carbs for a lettuce or veggie option will cut down on your excess carbs. We eat too many these days. See my blog post here from a few weeks ago about the healthy substitutions I started making my habits!


Turkey lettuce wraps
4-5 leaves romaine lettuce or lettuce of choice
4-5 slices nitrate free turkey breast
A bit of Dijon mustard per lettuce piece
2-3 tbsp mashed avocado instead of mayo
Optional toppings: cranberries and nuts

Assemble and eat it up! Yummy, simple, and fast! Exactly what I needed today!


What'd you have for lunch today??

oh, and update: The toddler took a nap. ;) And the babe is still napping. This momma is blogging it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment