Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Breakfast Pazookie! :)


Guys I'm in heaven. 

I love breakfast. 

I love dessert. 

This is both. 

wink emoticon
 

I found this recipe and I've made a few adjustments to the one from #cleanfoodcrush 

I needed an oatmeal boost for nursing and this is so delish. 
👊
🏼

Breakfast: Oatmeal PizOOkie! {4 servings}

■Preheat oven to 375 degrees f

2 cup dry oatmeal

8 tablespoons almond flour/coconut flour (you may substitute whole wheat flour if needed

8 tablespoons mashed banana (2 medium ripe bananas)

1 egg to help hold it together well

1-2 TBSP water to moisten if needed

Sweetener is optional: pinch stevia, 2 tsp raw honey, or 2 tsp agave.

2-3 tsp cinnamon

1⁄2 tsp salt

OPTIONAL add ins:

1 Tbs flaxseeds,

1 Tbs cacao powder (for chocolate cookie),

1 Tbs cacao chips, OR,

1 Tbs almond/peanut butter.

Directions:

Mix oats, almond flour and mashed banana in a medium bowl.

Mix in your optional Add-Ins of choice. Combine well.

Place the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet, form into a round 6-8 inch cookie and

flatten about 1/4-1/2 inch thickness.

Bake at 375 degrees f for 8-10 min.

Flip carefully with large spatula and then bake for an additional 5-8 min. Keep an eye on it.

You want the edges to just brown. Cool.

Mix a few tablespoons Greek yogurt, quark, or whipped coconut cream, with a drop of

vanilla and a pinch of your favorite sweetener.

Spread the yogurt/cream the cookie. Top with your favorite fruit, berries or nuts.

If you try it, tag me or message me and tell me what you liked! 

No comments:

Post a Comment